The second wave of memberships approaches... one day to go!
29 October 2019
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!
Tomorrow at 19:30 GMT the second wave of memberships for the 2020 International Discworld Convention will go live! After the initial fray there will be a short period of manual allocations before the Waiting List begins. Please do not be disheartened if you miss out, the list moves quickly and many of you will still get a membership over the next few months.
How to be prepared
Some of you will be familiar with the Steps to Be Prepared from previous correspondence, but if you are not, here they are once again for your convenience:
- Go to the membership page and remind yourself of the process.
- Put the kettle on early, use the facilities and ensure that nothing will interrupt you.
- Have your debit or credit card handy (we don't take PayPal!)
- Make sure you are registered on the 2020 Convention website and that you can log in - past Convention accounts are not transferred over. If you experience problems resetting your password, this may be because you have not registered, or you are using the wrong email address.
- Direct any problems to email@example.com ahead of time as we anticipate a lot of people with a lot of questions.
Booking on other people's behalf
Remember that if you are booking on behalf of someone else you will need to have the following information:
- Email address
- Name to be printed on membership badge
- What type of membership (child, concession, supporting, full attending) they need. If they're under 18 you will also need their date of birth.
These details will all be able to be changed later though, potentially via the website but if not by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the booking process
A couple of things to note about the booking process itself:
- At some point during the booking process you are likely to be presented with a screen like this:
Please do not panic, this is to be expected. You are part of a queue system designed to aid the server in dealing with the load.
- Hotel bookings are not open at the time of membership booking. Hotel rooms will be available at a later date and only by booking through the convention website will you secure the reduced rate.
- Requested memberships from the first wave but were unable to hit “Pay now” in time? The process will continue where it left off. You should not have to re-enter all the data but please do check it to ensure it is correct.
Good luck! We're rattling drawers and sizzling sausages for you all.
The Chair Team