First wave of memberships on sale TODAY!
20 October 2019
Today is the day you've all been waiting for!
At approximately 13:00 British Summer Time, the first wave of 300 memberships for the 2020 International Discworld Convention will be available for purchase.
There are several things you can do to be ready for the launch and we have made them into a nice little list for your convenience:
- Go to the membership page and remind yourself of the different options.
- Put the kettle on early, use the facilities, and ensure that nothing will interrupt you.
- Have your debit or credit card handy (we don't take PayPal!)
- Make sure you are registered on the Convention website.
- Direct any problems to email@example.com ahead of time as we anticipate a lot of people with a lot of questions.
What do I need to know to book a membership for myself or other people?
If you are booking for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, you will need to have the following information:
- Email address (unless it's a surprise)
- Name to be printed on membership badge
- What type of membership (child, concession, supporting, full attending) they need. If they're under 18 you will also need their date of birth.
You will be able to change some of these details later though (such as badge name) via the website, but if not then by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there anything else I need to know about the booking process?
We have implemented a new queueueueueueing system (gosh that word is difficult to stop spelling). This means that depending on how busy things get, and possibly at multiple points during the process, you may encounter a screen that looks something like this:
Please do not panic. This is to be expected. You are part of a queue system designed to aid the server in dealing with the load and will be passed on to the next stage of the process when the server has room. If you just filled in the membership form or were putting in your credit card details - rest assured the data is still safe and your payment will still be honoured (provided the card is valid).
What about booking a hotel room?
Hotel bookings are not open at the time of membership booking. Hotel rooms will be available at a later date and only by booking through our website (not the hotel's) will you secure the reduced rate.
Let the madness begin!
We the committee thank you all for your enthusiasm and wish you all the best of luck, but remember that there is a second chance to purchase memberships on Wednesday 30th October at 19:30 GMT.